Friday, October 17, 2014

Last Free Friday!

As the title says, it's my last free Friday.  Starting next week, I'm in for my weekly (ugh) treatments.  Supposed to be easier, blah blah blah.  Whatever.  It's a standing commitment that already feels like a chore.  But I'm making it work.

Booked a ticket to Phoenix for Thanksgiving where the whole family will be gathering, so that's exciting!  It sucks that I have to come back in time for treatment Friday so it has to be a short trip, but something is better than nothing and I can't wait to meet Alice and see everyone else.  It's been too long since I've gotten to hug the kiddos!

This week was crazy busy at work...lots of meetings due to advising, tests, class projects, etc.  All things that I enjoy but that take lots of time.  BUT, happy to report that I was feeling good and actually bounced back relatively quickly from treatment and was in decent shape on Monday (other than totally spacing that I was giving my students a quiz...when I said that maybe since I was through my first round of chemo my spaciness would improve, they clapped, it was kinda cute).  Next week will be more of the same crazy busy, but I enjoy it.

There's been a few more random "tellings" I've had to do...I probably owe it to people to be a little less blunt than "Yeah, so I have cancer, I'm in chemo, but I'm fine.".  At the same time, I have cancer, I'm in chemo, so I do what I want : )

This is one of the favorite cards I've received and now I've gotten it twice! Thought I'd share with you all.  I'm not very good at giving myself much credit for anything (this has been confirmed by a number of professionals...) but I will say that I think this card and I are a pretty darn good fit.


P.S.  I'm super slow on sending thank-yous as of late....so for those that I'm delayed in getting them off to, just know that I'm extremely grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I almost got that card for you a few days ago!! but I thought I may have seen it on your mantle.... it's a perfect card! glad you recognize it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still so happy you are done with Phase 1. Ready for you to storm through Phase 2 :) This is a fantastic card for you (I think it would have fit nicely even in junior year of college). Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete