Starting in August, the sum total includes the following categories; the procedures (biopsies, port placement); diagnostics (ultrasound, mammogram, MRI, CT scan); drugs (4 and 12 rounds of chemo); labs (lots of blood draws); and doctors visits...
$102,320
Pretty ridiculous. Thank god my responsibility is about 100K less than that.
It may not be the best distraction, but it may be "healthier" than watching graphic mastectomy videos and looking at before and after pictures (DEFINITELY NSFW) as I was doing all day yesterday.
In other news, after negotiating with myself in bed for quite a long time, first at 4 am (should I just get up?) and then at 7:30 (should I just go to work?), I did manage a bit of a workout.
Oldie but a goodie
Yeah, I'm really out of shape. But I guess I have to start somewhere...even if it's 25 minutes of breathing hard with 5 pound weights and stopping after 30 sec of jumping jacks. Oh the wonder of detraining!
Classes have resumed as has the business of "regular" life. Awkwardly announced the "situation" to my classes, forewarning them of missing some classes. When I get nervous I just start rambling and staring into space so I honestly don't even really consciously know what their reactions were.
Back to trying to distract myself...
If it makes you feel any bit of normal, I was only about to do about 20 second of insanity last night before needing to pause (and I haven't gone through $100k+ of cancer treatment!) Cheers to starting somewhere and lots of good vibes for the MRI results!
ReplyDelete