Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Posting while waiting...

Sitting at the airport waiting for seester Sarah to arrive. Mom for in safely yesterday, picked up by a friend and deposited at my house so that when I came home from teaching (delicious eggplant from a coworker on hand) she had almost already finished the dishes!  

The personal assistant was back at it today, doing some grocery shopping and prescription pickup while I was at work. It's been a little crazy trying to prep for being out for at least a week, maybe more. Leaving lesson plans for coworkers who generously are covering classes, informing students, organizing work to be done from home. I still need to record a lecture for physiology tonight...I could wait till I'm hopped up in Percocet but that seems like a bad idea. 

After a quick visit in the office my mom and I headed for the plastic surgeons office for my "marking" appointment and photo shoot as well as post-op instructions from the nurse. No photos of that! Basically he drew all the incisions with marker and explained what comes off, what goes where. Prior to that, he took the "before" photos. The the nurse ran through how to deal with drains, handle pain pumps, what to do etc. I signed away my life on a consent and we were pretty much through. 

After the doc, we killed some time exchanging some of the button down shirts my mom had gotten me (no overhead motion if I can help it for a bit). After some retail therapy, it was here to the airport. After Sarah gets in we will do dinner (got to fill up since no food after midnight!) and head home. 

A lot of people have been asking how I'm feeling...I'm not nervous, more anxious and even a bit excited. A part of me (that comes from my dad) is just interested in procedure and looking forward to seeing what will actually happen. I wish I could get it videotaped! I'm also just interested to see what the recovery is really like and what the cheat with expanded feels/looks like etc. Same with the perky right side. 

People have been super supportive and sent so many good thoughts, so thanks!! I will be overnight tomorrow in hospital and not sure how with it I'll be but willl try to post at least a quick update or recruit one of my assistants to do so!  Then can update more while I'm chilling at home for the next few days. Hugs to all! 

2 comments: