Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Madness

It has begun...

This month is going to be a little crazy.  Fortunately, the craziness started off in a good way with a wonderful trip to Arizona with a few of my greatest friends!

 
We went to a baseball game...
 

 
"Lolled" and sat around in bed...
 
 
Modeled potential wedding dresses for Sarah...
 
and spent all day Saturday enjoying the pool.
 
The trip was shorter than I would have liked, but so much fun.  I feel so very lucky to have such good and long-lasting friendships, in addition to a mom who is truly the hostess with the mostess!
 
I took a redeye flight back Sunday night (sporting my sleeve...no lymphedema problems!), which combined with the time change (here, not in AZ, crazy people), made for a pretty terrible feeling yesterday.  My sleep is pretty screwed up and I probably haven't helped it by taking naps!
 
It was also nice to see some of my mom's friends while I was down at her place.  They all have been so generous with me and supportive of her, it's nice to be able to say thank you to them in person.  And, since many of them follow the blog, I'll thank them again here.  You guys are great! 
 
I always say that visiting the retirees is good motivation to keep contributing to the retirement plan...the way they are able to enjoy life, and take advantage of it, is really inspiring.
 

Since being back, the whirlwind of advising appointments, meetings, classes, and projects has begun.  I had my second to last "fill" at the plastic surgeon's office and my nurse's appointment to go through consent forms, and what not ahead of my swap out for implant procedure on the 23rd.  As we are in the final "stretch" (literally and figuratively) with the expansion, it does seem to cause a bit more discomfort. 
 
I also got my patient packet of forms for the appointment at Indiana (which is actually in Indianapolis, not Bloomington, hooray for less driving!) that will happen on the 19th. 
 
Life continues to progress along, hair continues to grow...so much so that people don't know it isn't a "choice".  I've had a couple of awkward conversations about why I cut my hair..."oh, um, yeah, I have cancer".  You know me, to the point.
 
Finally, while it may not be like the beautiful sunny and 75 degree days we enjoyed in Phoenix, it looks like spring has finally sprung.
 

 
Here's to warming weather!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got a get away with warm weather, good friends and in person momma! It was great to get some face time in and glad that you had a fantastic quick trip. Love the snuggle in the bed picture.

    ReplyDelete