Started this morning off with a walk!
Fine Mom, I'll smile for a picture.
Felt good so decided to go for it...didn't take any anti-nausea pills as I didn't think I needed them, and the stomach has held up all day.
After being out for about an hour, came back and still had enough energy to mow the lawn and do some weeding...pros and cons of living in the Midwest...it rains all the time, but it makes weeds grow fast!
Cut shorter to improve croquet games.
Other than that it's been a day of napping, tv watching, chinese food eating, and a quick yoga session (mostly because I said yesterday I was going to do it and wanted to stick to the plan!). I'd say a nice day of relaxing.
My surgeon called this morning with my MRI results from this past week. Nothing showing in the right breast, left breast tumor measuring at 6.5 cm, which was as predicted. There were also some satellite "spots" in the left breast, not associated with the tumor, and suspicious nodes (she saw 5). Most concerning, was that there was also a suspicious area on the sternum. Getting the CT scan and bone scan sometime this week (a bit of a scheduling nightmare) will determine whether this is a metastatic growth or not. Given that in the past, especially when I had lost weight that I've felt a "bump" on my sternum that felt bony rather than like soft tissue, I'm actually not that concerned. Also, this is partially why I was "excited" to start chemo...no matter what we find or don't find, we're already working to stop growth and kill existing presence of cancer cells.
Laying in bed last night, I was actually thinking that I'm glad the port is on my right side and the tumor is on the left. It's an interesting split of good vs evil, drugs vs disease going on. I guess these are the things I think about rather than really worrying about what else is to come.
Silver lining of the day...it took about 3 seconds to do my new 'do. Love that.


No comments:
Post a Comment