I left on Sunday and after a few hour delay in Dayton made it to Ohare in time for my connection and perhaps just as importantly, this:
It was as delicious as it looks. Four hours later, mostly sleeping thankfully, and I arrived in San Francisco! Off to the wonderful redwood forest!
Monday I enjoyed spending time with the girls while Karyn went to get Mom, which thanks to heavy fog proved to be a fairly long expedition. But finally she was there and the fun could really begin!
Tuesday the girls and I created a new land...
Before we all headed downtown for the Nutcracker! Merry Christmas to mom!
The show was really great (ballet dancers are pretty amazing physically) even though I may have dozed for a minute...I'm going to blame that it was the time change...
Christmas Eve the girls, mom and I saw the new Annie movie (which Id definitely recommend! The little girl is amazing!) and returned home to find that Grandma and Grandpa Bechtel had arrived! Everyone was here and the fun could continue! We sang, danced (Just Dance 2015!!), ate delicious food (mmmmm meat pies), and received one of the best presents of all, a book of Carmen's poems and Grandma Bechtels beautiful illustrations. It is truly amazing as when the details are finalized with how everyone can get their hands on one, trust me, you'll know. They are both extremely talented. After leaving a great note and a cookie buffet for Santa, it was off to bed....
Got to hang with the girls waiting till a semi more appropriate time to get up with everyone else for present opening.
Everyone was extremely generous! It was great to see how thoughtful and appreciative everyone is! We got to FaceTime with the Idaho Crecelii
Love me some technology! Sarah was with her boyfriend camping in Death Valley beyond the reach of technology.
The rest of the day was spent playing with new toys, seeing Sarah's new apartment (even if she wasn't there), walking in the woods, and more incredible food (dessert pies!). Unfortunately, it was also time for packing and heading to the airport to catch my red eye flight so I could be back in time for treatment on Friday.
Treatment went well, the place was packed making up for being closed on Christmas and I definitely took advantage of some needed nap time. Then I headed to Runners Plus to work the evening shift, and returned to 1998 on the way home...
That's 87 octane gas if you can't tell...though I must admit I did have a 10 cent grocery bonus discount.
After a bit of a restless night (thanks steroids) and some time spent awake, I was pleased to sleep in a it and have continued to lounge today. One thing I did accomplish was to pull the clippers out again
I'm getting some peach fuzz growing back in but it's a bit thin and splotchy in places so decided to shave it while it thickens up. Anyone with advice on how to grow out hair from this state let me know...it's actually a little daunting. But a good problem to have!
Despite the bit of a hassle scheduling around treatments is, I am so glad I was able to make the trip out and spend time with more family than just mom and I as I had originally planned. It would have been fun (always is with us!) but I think this was more enjoyable and definitely more in the holiday spirit.
I hope that everyone had a nice of a holiday as I did. 2014 surely will be a memorable year and is coming to an end much more positively than I would have imagined a few months ago. Enjoy the last few days of it!










Awesome fort Anne! Also, where did the grinch background come from? Was that a homemade one? It's awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou should have included Cali price of gas for fun (last week was $2.86 in San Diego- stupid California being more expensive)
Also- Merry Belated Xmas!!! So glad you didn't have a repeat of Christmas on Campus' past this year (aka the amazing smooshed car)
Delete