Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of fun in Phoenix with the fam. Some highlights in pictures:
Also, it is possible for me to look like a cancer patient:
That was post "run" on Thanksgiving morning though, so I won't feel too bad about it.
I flew back late on Thanksgiving to be back for Friday's uneventful treatment. Thankfully had an open row so got to stretch out and slept the whole time! I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, decorating for Christmas
and avoiding doing 'real' work. I'm pretty great at that! Worked at the store on Sunday, pretty usual weekend stuff.
I've been in a bit of a mental lull lately...perhaps it's the letdown post-visit, or the long dark nights that I'm still not used to. Nothing overly concerning, and really I think just the normal ebs and flows of life. The weight gain (steroids? let's hope) and complicated travel plans just don't really help! And perhaps I'm a masochist to watch a bunch of cheesy Christmas/Holiday movies as well...
Upcoming weeks are a little crazy, finishing up the semester, quick trip to DC for a meeting (I do feel kind of cool getting to say that like a real professional or something...), lots of grading, holidays parties, etc. Throw in doctors' appointments (followup with the oncologist on Thursday morning), the chemo on Fridays, a visitor (yay for Sonja coming!), and it'll be a busy December.
As much as I feel a little blue, I also can't help but be grateful, and Thanksgiving was another good reminder of that. I wont get into everything that made people sob around the table but there was a lot for all of us to be grateful for. So here's to hoping everyone survived the best of holidays and is looking forward to Christmas!
Love the pics & can't wait to see you in person soon!
ReplyDelete