Saturday, November 8, 2014

Posting for Procrastination

I'm a big fan of what I like to call "purposeful procrastination", doing something that is seemingly productive, despite it being fairly low priority in order to avoid high priority items.  I should be working on a manuscript, grading papers, grocery shopping etc.  but I'll post instead.  Lucky for you all :)

Yesterday was Taxol Treatment 3 of 12.  As I said in a text to family in the morning... Hi ho. Hi ho. I'm off for more chemo...

Of note, this was my first treatment all by myself.  I put this out there right away mostly just to make sure that my mom (or anyone else)  doesn't feel bad for not being here.  It was actually just fine.  I was able to go to work first for a bit since the appointment wasn't until 10.  Once there, everything went just fine and since no one was there with me, I didn't have to feel guilty about snoozing through the treatment!  I got a little work done while my labs were running (which continue to look good), but once that iv benedryl got on board, I was pretty much out. 

Otherwise, the day was a fairly standard Friday...meetings, post-meeting discussions, little bit of work, catching up on TV last night and fairly early to bed (yes, I am that cool...).  Worked out this morning, which other than being a bit lower intensity than I'd like, is continuing to go well. 

Speaking of exercise...Thursday night I went to a really nice benefit dinner for Maple Tree Cancer Alliance, the organization I think I've mentioned that provides Free! exercise and nutrition counseling for cancer patients.  Also, the director and I have some mutual connections from back in Colorado and may have some research collaborations forthcoming.  It was a really great event that hopefully hit their target goals for fundraising since the whole budget is grant/donation based.  AND, importantly, I finally scheduled my first training session for this upcoming week. So now I can not be a hypocrite for embracing the benefits of exercise and not actually doing it myself!

Happy Weekend All!

No comments:

Post a Comment