Monday, November 3, 2014

Start the Insanity!

Hi Friends, back to me, Anne.

I heard from a friend today that people were noticing my lack of blogging...I apologize.  It's just that life has sort of taken up its new routine and not that much has seemed "blog-worthy".

Mom pretty well covered the events of the past few days, pre-Halloween fun, 2nd treatment, and weekend.  I'm really enjoying that these Taxol treatments don't seem to take much out of me.  I really feel pretty close to "normal".  As apparent in my blood counts, I'm lacking my normal red blood cell supply (10.2 mg/dl for anyone that cares), which makes me feel a little better about how out of shape I felt when running the other weekend.

I feel good enough that I decided to restart the Insanity program that I've done before.  When I lost a lot of weight and was the healthiest I've been probably ever, I did the whole program along with Weight Watchers and saw a lot of success.  I'm not expecting the same level of results since I don't think I'll be able to push myself quite as hard, but I really enjoy having a set routine of what to do each morning.  And, it's very convenient to just be able to get out of bed and do it here in my house.

This morning started with the "Fit Test" to get a baseline level of some selected exercises to then be able to track progress.  It was, unsurprisingly, a bit discouraging, as my baseline is way below last time I "tested" back in February.  However, I'm trying to be realistic in my expectations and appreciate my effort more than anything else.  First workout will be tomorrow morning, so excited to see how it goes.  There's an off day built in that I think right now actually falls on Sundays, so we'll have to see if there's a more strategic schedule.

It felt good to sweat, and not just because I get hot flashes, but to actually sweat.  It's been too long.  For all my hype about exercising early on, I really haven't "worked out" in some time.  I'm still active but not the dedicated exercise I had hoped for.  Some days I felt like crap.  Some days I was scared that I would feel like crap if I did.  Some days I just valued sleep instead.  I'm hoping that now that I'm feeling better, and hopefully will continue to, that I can take advantage and build strength before surgery in February.

Otherwise, nothing much is new...work remains busy as ever and in my feeling better I am also putting in longer hours.  I still take time for myself, but now with treatments on Friday, it feels like I only have 4 days to get done what I should have 5 for.

Good news!  The whole family will be together for Thanksgiving in Phoenix!  It may only be for ~28 hours, 8-10 of which will be spent sleeping, but it is better than nothing!  Can't wait to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment