Starting the day off with this google search:
Probably won't be the first time...
There were lots of options, but luckily I just went with treating the scarf like hair and basically doing a ponytail. Forgot to take a picture...sorry friends, but must have done a good job though because got a few compliments including one that I don't even think was a "I know you have cancer so I'm going to compliment your headwrap because I know why you're wearing it" but was actually just a "I like your scarf!".
It's still a little tough (and by still I mean, it's day 2...I'm not a patient person) getting up in front of a group of students with the new look. Even though they know why I look the way I do, it still seems like I'm more exposed when all eyes are on me than even when just in a regular group or out and about.
Another benefit of the head scarfs is that it stops me from playing with/picking at my hair. I tend to rub it and unfortunately, it's coming out it chunks! Ew.
Patches!!
It will probably just be better when it's all out! It's a bit itchy right now. So I may just go to wearing the stocking caps around the house to prevent me from picking at it...gross, I know. Sorry, this is the tell all.
Anyways, meetings, teaching, work, etc, basically status quo. Just thought I'd let you all know I'm feeling better!


You know how dry skin is less itchy when you shellack it on with lotion? Would that help at all or make it gross?
ReplyDeleteMore headwrap photos!
you could always take a razor to it?!?! although after that hack job with the scissor i'm not sure i trust you haha!!!
ReplyDeleteyou still have your eyebrows :)
and you still look beautiful!
Just give it a couple weeks - there are a few of us pickers getting together in MN. 😉 remember the cabin trip where a highlight was extracting a huge blackhead...
ReplyDelete