Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grateful Observations

So this is what "checking the mail" was like before cancer:
Anybody  in therrrrrre?

Maybe the occasional 'let's kill trees for no reason' coupon book. 

What checking the mail has been like after cancer:
Yes I did forget to write the sign backwards the first time.

But here's the other thing, it's a bit like roulette...
Bills? Test results? Junk mail?  Who knows?!

Today's spin...
Not too bad...

1 Medical Bill (Biopsy Procedure- Initial Cost: $2000, My Portion: ~$200), 1 Hospital Survey, and 1 $10 Rewards Card from AT&T.  I'll take it!

Here's my other major grateful moment of the day...looking at the $20,000 port placement bill and seeing patient costs that were fairly non-existent.  Say what you want about the Affordable Health Care Act (aka Obamacare) but looking at insurance bills today, if I was participating in the latest Facebook trend of 3 things I'm grateful for today, I would definitely say:
  • Having good coverage (Thanks UD!)
  • The elimination of lifetime maximum limits (I'm on my way...)
  • The elimination of pre-existing conditions (In case I ever want to thank someone other than UD for having coverage)
In other wordly news, Ma is on the hunt for a lucky leprechaun for me and first sister-visit starts late tomorrow...can't wait!




2 comments:

  1. Nice! Nice! And nice!
    As for sightings of the 'Wee Folk", I will say that we notice some suttle movement amidst the ferns while on our jaunty car ride through the park. Seemed magical to me! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see you soon. pics are great addition to any blog i've decided.
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete